This blog is mostly about teaching and learning English. I am a teacher educator in Singapore and I write for teachers, parents and anyone else interested in English education particularly at the primary school level.

Sometimes I have the urge to write about stuff from my everyday life and tell stories from my childhood. I often give in to these urges. Nobody has to read everything here. But as Lionel Shriver once wrote,
" Untold stories didn't seem quite to have happened."
Life does happen, so let the stories unfold...



Thursday, March 25, 2010

From newsletter to blog...

Hello,

Those of you who have been following my newsletters for the last ten years or more will wonder why I have switched to a blog. Well, a blog allows me to write and post articles as and when I want to. I can also write shorter articles as I suspect busy teachers and parents want more bite-size information. And let's face it; it can be tough to write a long article every month!

If you are new, this blog is all about English language and literacy teaching in Singapore. You can visit my website: www.learningventures.com.sg to read previous newsletters to have an idea about the future contents of this blog. Check out my profile to find out about my work and my interests. And welcome!

Like my newsletter, I will continue with the articles about English language and pedagogy and also write a short section about my other lives. You can look forward to more pictures and more frequent postings than the once a month newsletter.

The first blog will be up next week so do come back again.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Yin Mee,

    I do not see the termination of your newsletter as bad news. Now that you are blogging, we still get to read what you want to share with us and teach us.

    Nonetheless I wish to thank you for your hard work and generosity in sending us the newsletters for free for the past 10 years.

    Your faithful and loyal readers will be following your blogs for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,
    Thank you for your mail. It's faithful readers like you that makes all the writing worthwhile and meaningful. Thanks for your support!

    Regards,
    YM

    ReplyDelete