This blog is mostly about teaching and learning English. I am a teacher educator in Singapore and I write for teachers, parents and anyone else interested in English education particularly at the primary school level.

Sometimes I have the urge to write about stuff from my everyday life and tell stories from my childhood. I often give in to these urges. Nobody has to read everything here. But as Lionel Shriver once wrote,
" Untold stories didn't seem quite to have happened."
Life does happen, so let the stories unfold...



Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Facebook wins!




It's been 2 months since my last post and I was just reminded of this when someone asked me about my blog. No, I have not been sick or lazy. I have been working hard, too hard maybe, and I have also started a Facebook page for Learning Ventures. Since then, I've been busy posting stuff there and honestly, I found the instant feedback more gratifying than what I've been receiving on this blog. I must confess that there have been days when I considered giving up on the blog because I have felt like I was writing for myself and no one else. But every time I was the verge of throwing in the towel, someone writes to me and I am persuaded to carry on again.

I must also admit that having formed my little writing group a couple of months back, I have been busy writing my own personal stories which I store in a separate blog. That too has kept me busy and I have also volunteered to manage a Facebook page for my association, thus quadrupling my time on Facebook. So will I keep this blog?

I may. I will hold on to it for a while and see if I find the energy to write for it again. I still enjoy writing although more and more, I find that I prefer to write my own stuff if I have any spare time. Still, I won't give up yet.

In the meantime, I want to invite you to look for my Learning Ventures page on Facebook and like my page. You will find many interesting posts just for teachers.

And may I take this opportunity ( I am reminded time and again that today is 12.12.12) to wish one and  all a very restful holiday and a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for your support all these years from my newsletter to my blog and I hope to see you on Facebook soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment