This blog is mostly about teaching and learning English. I am a teacher educator in Singapore and I write for teachers, parents and anyone else interested in English education particularly at the primary school level.

Sometimes I have the urge to write about stuff from my everyday life and tell stories from my childhood. I often give in to these urges. Nobody has to read everything here. But as Lionel Shriver once wrote,
" Untold stories didn't seem quite to have happened."
Life does happen, so let the stories unfold...



Saturday, March 5, 2011

Questions & Authors: Finding the time for reading


Every teacher believes in the power of reading, but everyone struggles with finding time for reading. Here are some suggestions for what you can do in the classroom. Everything begins with the teacher so instead of lecturing or scolding the kids, always take out a book and read it aloud. You can be sure that everyone will settle down after a while.

Click on this link to read the rest of the article.

Questions & Authors: Finding the time for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment